Selling your Las Vegas house or selling your Los Angeles home might be one of your New Year’s resolutions, but keep in mind, there are dozens of steps involved and many details to attend to before your home is ready for the market. These include repairs, some of which can cost you thousands. So if you own a home and are considering selling in the New Year, make sure to assess the condition of the items in the list below to be sure you can afford all of your needed repairs, and to learn how to prevent having to make large repairs so often.
- Foundation. Water is the enemy of concrete and especially foundations. Because foundation repairs are one of the most costly repairs, you want to prevent this damage before it can occur, which means ensuring that water is directed away from the foundation rather than toward it.
- Roof. Just like a foundation, roofs are highly susceptible to rot and water damage. And because a roof is one of the first things that people notice when looking at a house, it’s vital that your roof is in good shape before selling. You should regularly check for leaks, holes, and wear on your roof. If you don’t, water will seep into your house and wreak havoc that can cost anywhere between $3,000 and $12,000.
- Deck. One of the easiest ways to preserve your deck for longer is to keep the wood protected from the elements. This means applying stain or sealant every year or two, to extend the life and health of your deck.
- Septic system. Which would you rather do, pay $15,000 to fully replace your septic system, or spend a fraction of that to have your tank inspected annually? Chances are good that you chose the second option. Septic systems are complicated to replace, so it’s worth it to have it inspected regularly to prevent such a large expense from becoming necessary.
- Driveway. Like anything that sits outside constantly, driveways experience a lot of wear and tear. When they’re not being strained by the weight of vehicles, they can crack and crumble from water damage or too much sun and humidity. To prevent having to pay up to $5,000 to re-pave your driveway and haul away the old one, take care to protect your driveway from excessive wear by applying driveway sealer. It’s a simple process and relatively inexpensive, especially compared to the price of replacing your driveway entirely.
If you’d rather sell your home without the time and expense of repairs, contact Seller’s Advantage today. At Seller’s Advantage we buy houses for cash fast AS-IS condition and will give you a cash offer in as little as 24 hours. Contact them online at Seller’s Advantage.com or call 1-800-208-3243 to get a no-cost, no-obligation quote on your home. If you’re ready to sell, Seller’s Advantage is ready to help and you can learn more about our Yelp and BBB reviews on our Sellers Advantage reviews page.